When you buy a hunting license, you help fund programs that provide hunting opportunities. The same applies to fishing and trapping. Sometimes, however, you need to invest more to have more. One of the best—and most important—investments you can make for your outdoor sports future could be the time it takes to log online and become a member of the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) grassroots Sentry program. The time required is short, and joining is free!
Become a Sentry, Become a Watchdog
These points detail the Sentry program:
• In less than one year, more than 110,000 hunters and anglers have become USSA Sentries. Sentries are needed in all 50 states.
• Signup is free at ussportsmen.org/becomeasentry.
• You will receive e-mails when negative legislative bills or action are underway in your state or region.
• You can obtain maps, and other useful hunting gear and information as part of a member package.
• Sentries receive a free weekly e-newsletter that covers the issues.
• You will be provided details on how –and when—to take action.
• You can take part in battling—and beating—anti-hunting and anti-trapping forces, such as HSUS, PETA and other groups.
• The Sentry program has a proven track record of winning legislative and court battles.
• Work together with other hunters and anglers to defend your rights and interests.
• The Sentry program is championed by celebrities like: Jeff Foxworthy, Jim Zumbo, and Dick and Mary Cabela.