The temps are dropping, but the coyote action is hotter now than ever. Check out our 10 can’t-miss spots for stirring up a song dog.
- The Sampler’s Platter: Imagine hunting multiple species in Alaska and needing to travel with only one gun.
- The Quest For A Bucket List Buck: Texas is loaded with world-class whitetails, but getting one in your shooting lane is rarely easy.
- Hunting American’s Little Leopard: This might not be Africa, but the excitement of hunting North America’s spotted felines is through the roof.
- Layers Of Protection: More people than ever before—hunters included—are shopping for home and personal defense gear. But where do you start?
Click here to read this issue right now.
Forget everything you thought you knew about driving whitetails. It’s time to re-route your deer drive.
- The Weight of the Wait: Big bucks don’t come easy, whether you’re talking about greenbacks or whitetails.
- Escape to Elk Country: It’s easy to identify with a creature that thrives socially yet requires solitude.
- Can’t We All Just Get Along? Don’t be a duck thug or a deer bully.
Ducks, ducks and more ducks! According to waterfowl biologists, the sky should be filled with birds this fall. Of course, it’s up to you to be in the right place at the right time.
- Elk-Induced Colorado High: A classic horseback hunt that blends thick cover, steep bluffs and slobbering bulls.
- Hope And A Prayer: After making a bad hit on a big whitetail, an archer asks for divine intervention.
- Right Side Of The Bed: Melissa Bachman turns out the lights on a dozing muley.
Want to know what it feels like to stalk grizzlies in thick cover? Come along on an adventure that’s sure to surprise.
- Blue Grouse At 10 Feet: Take a walk on the wild side for mountain blues.
- Giant Bow Booners: Read about one man’s system for taking three whitetails that gross-score more than 200 inches.
- Parting Shots: Jeff Foxworthy gives new meaning to the phrase, “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.”
Don’t have the money—or interest—in a fully outfitted big-game hunt? Then check out “Tag Tour 2012” for a DIY pronghorn pursuit.
- 21 1-Minute Elk Hunting Lessons: More than 1 million elk roam North America, so why are hunter success rates so low?
- Wicked Temptation: Man vs. moose in the wilds of Alaska. Plus, “You Call the Shots” scenarios for big bucks and bulls.
- Against The Odds: An NAHC member wins the Newfoundland moose lottery—so what’s the problem?
Most hunters dream of taking a once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure, one filled with the excitement of pursuing new game species in new country. This action-packed issue is dedicated to those adventures.
- Floating Through The Wilderness: Accompany freelance photographer/writer and avid bowhunter Lon Lauber on a raft-riding expedition down Alaska’s wild rivers for moose and caribou.
- Lever-Action Africa: Join NAH contributor Richard Mann on a Cape buffalo spot-and-stalk hunt. Mann’s choice of firearm? A .45-70 Gov. lever-action rifle. Spoiler alert: Things get hairy in a hurry.
- Pronghorn Paradise: Want to hunt North America’s plains game? Then visit one of these five hotspots for Western speed-goats.
Ready to build your deer-hunting heaven? Then let this special issue be your guide to choosing the right seeds and supplements to grow big bucks. You’ll also find tips on how to monitor your deer herd, and the best stands and blinds for setting up a successful ambush.
- Hunting From High Places: The best stands for an aerial attack.
- A Window Into The Whitetail World: Scouting cams from simple to sophisticated.
- Taking It To The Ground: Afraid of heights? Then use it to your advantage.
- Seeding The Future: Tips for releasing your inner farmer.
Throughout much of North America, spring means turkeys to millions of hunters. But the melting snow also signals the beginning of bear season!
- Git-R-Done Gobblers: Runnin’ and gunnin’ for Rio Grande wild turkeys in the Sooner State. Plus—tips for choosing Git-R-Done gear.
- Calling Baited Bears: You’ve set the table by placing bait in a likely spot to lure a black bear. Now it’s time to ring the dinner bell.
- How Far Is Too Far?: Practical shot distances vary with conditions—your shooting position, target size, wind and a handful of other variables.
- Food Plots: From “The 3-Year Property Plan,” to “Food Plot Fixes,” this issue of NAH has everything you need to grow and hunt big whitetails.
Combine the thunderous gobble of a love-struck tom with the beauty of a spring sunrise, and it’s easy to understand why pursuing turkeys has become an addiction for so many hunters.
- Talkin’ Turkey:Turkey calls aren’t a luxury, they’re a necessity; and the fact is, you can never have too many. So load up on some of the season’s newest calls.
- The Great Fakes: It’s not a stretch to say you haven’t really hunted turkeys until you’ve had to defend your decoy from a full-on gobbler attack.
- Big Guns: Turkey-specific magnum shotguns that feast on 3½-inch shotshells—and softer-shooting loads, too.
- Strut-Stopping Shotshells: When a big tom appears, it’s time to unleash one of these turkey-killing loads.
Winter’s over and thoughts of predator hunting are replaced with those of pursuing long-bearded gobblers and planting food plots for deer.
- Spring Break: No bikinis. No beach volleyball. No all-night parties. No problem—because it’s gobbler time.
- Song Birds Of The South: There’s no better way to celebrate the return of warm weather than to share a dance with the birds of spring.
- Chainsaws—A Deer’s Best Friend: The quickest and easiest way to improve habitat for whitetails is with a chainsaw.
- SHOT Show 2013: See the latest in guns, ammo, optics and other great gear from the convention floor in Las Vegas.
Snow blankets much of the Midwest, West and North, and hunters in those areas are turning their attention from deer to coyotes, fox and bobcats. Regardless of where you live, winter—even a warm Southern one—is prime time to grab your gear and pursue predators.
- Fantastic Fur Guns: Specialized rifles dedicated to the growing league of predator hunters are taking the market by storm.
- Good Glass = Good Results: Nowhere is a predator hunter’s money more effectively spent than on the purchase of high-quality optics.
- Masterful Mimicking: Combining convincing vocalizations with the visual trickery decoys provide lands the one-two punch that can put more fur on the ground.
- Foul-Weather Fabrics: Predators wear their best coats of the year during winter moths to help them battle the elements. Why should your attire be any different?
Whitetail seasons are winding down across the Northern climates, so hunters are setting their sights on predators. For deer hunters in the South, things are just heating up.
- Blood-Trailing Case Studies: Don’t make a rash decision about when to take up the trail.
- Predator Turf Wars: When prey is scarce, there’s trouble at the top.
- Worth A Thousand Words: Getting a scouting cam pic of a big buck can be as much a curse as a blessing.
For many deer hunters across North America, November is prime time for rutting whitetails, and this digital magazine is ready to help fuel your fire.
- Whitetail Pursuits: You wait for this. You work for this. You live for this.
- Antler Math: Antler point restrictions are coming to a deer woods near you. Do you know the facts?
- Deer Cartridge Delusions: Is bigger always better? The facts might surprise you.
How to tag field-loving ducks, high-elevation elk, wilderness whitetails and metro muleys. Plus, a special voter’s guide to this year’s presidential election.
- Playing The Field: If your only waterfowl play involves water, it’s time for you to expand your duck blind.
- Saskatchewan Scrabble: Sometimes a good deer stand with a poor name just has to be changed.
- 3 Mornings in Stuttgart: A pilgrimage to the Rice and Duck Capital of the World.
Tips for targeting pheasants and ruffed grouse, Vancouver Island black bears, whitetails through the hunting seasons, and in-your-face elk. Plus, a special Wear & Gear Guide.
- Seasonal Dissection: To stack the odds in your favor, cut apart your whitetail hunting season and examine it one piece at a time.
- Parting Shots: North American Hunter’s newest columnist, Jeff Foxworthy, takes out his deer hunting frustration on a devilish doe.
- Win an AR-15!: Visit HuntingClub.com/AR15 for you chance to win a custom DPMS AR-15 topped with a Vortex riflescope!
Moose on the loose, deer days of summer, and an exclusive bow section offered to archery enthusiasts!
- Mega Moose Hunt: Read how a 22-year quest for a Maine moose permit was fulfilled thanks to a lucky son-of-a-bob.
- Speed-Goat Safari: If an African hunt doesn’t fit your calendar or wallet, it’s time to look West rather than East.
- 2 For the Money: Learn how out West multi-animal big game hunts provide a lot of bang for the buck.
This special digital issue is dedicated to that man in the shadows, and taking an in-depth look at what it takes to be a bow hunter today.
- Lightweight Bows: Slim and trim is the latest trend in compound bows.
- Arrow Evolution: Accuracy, speed, penetration, terminal energy—today’s arrows have it all.
- Put a Pin on it: Whether your shooting style prefers one pin or half-dozen, the 2012 bow sight offerings have you covered.
Texas axis deer, Yukon Dall’s sheep, doggin’ black bears and a special archery section.
- Snapshots From A Polish Hunting Excursion: Get a first-hand look at Polish hunting culture and the driven hunt experience.
- Go ‘Inside The Box’ And Win!: Learn all about NAH Editor-in-Chief Gordy Krahn’s exciting new blog.
- Use OutfittersRating.com: See what NAH Editor-in-Chief Gordy Krahn has to say about Outfitters Rating.
Nebraska turkeys, father-and-sons’ Wyoming combo hunt, and winning the food plot weed war.
Reading turkey body language, food plots, You Call the Shots, and busting predator myths.
Oklahoma whitetails, Alaska blacktails, muzzleloader no-no’s, and year-round coyote control.
Oregon muleys and whitetails from Kansas, Nebraska and Texas. Plus tips on hunting public land.
Top waterfowl destinations, home defense for hunters, rattling 101 and Montana muleys.
Prairie grouse, Western whitetails, trapping, You Call the Shots, and the best bow gear.
British Columbia elk, brush-country moose, Colorado combo, and a special archery section.
Subarctic snow bears, metro bucks, non-toxic big game bullets, and the latest/greatest bow gear.
Predators, turkeys, Texas aoudad, handy optics, and killer food plot strategies.
Giant Iowa bucks, snow geese, and tips for DIY antler displays. Plus a special predator section!
Canoe-country whitetails, ARs Texas-style, coon hunting, and how to avoid mentoring mistakes.
Geese, mallards, muleys, trophy whitetails, and Beretta’s “Green Monster of Technology.”
Quebec caribou, freelance pheasants, and the latest in muzzleloading and bowhunting gear.
Rifle and bow skills, pronghorns, early season whitetails, and how to plan the trip of a lifetime.
Mission Dall’s Sheep–Accomplished! Plus, the best scouting cams and a bonus archery section.
ARs, turkeys, food plots, the biology behind big antlers, and a travel feature on hunting Quebec.
Turkeys, food plots, and a roundup of new 20 gauge shotguns. Plus a bonus section on predators!