Forget about modesty––there's a reason all your friends and relatives come to you with their hunting questions: You flat-out know your stuff. Prove it. Take this quiz, then email the rest of your hunting posse and challenge them to beat your score. Bet they can't.
1. Which cartridge carries the largest diameter bullet?
A. .280 Remington
B. .250-3000 Savage
C. .22-250 Remington
D. .35 Remington
2. Which of the following is not a standard centerfire cartridge case type?
3. Which type of primer is used in modern shotshells?
C. Battery Cup
4. For hunting deer-sized game with a .308 Win. which type of bullet is recommended?
A. Full Metal Jacket
5. Which of these standard cartridges is the oldest?
A. .260 Remington
B. .308 Winchester
C. .30-06 Springfield
D. .45-70 Government
So, how’d you do?