I stumbled across an article about a 20-year-old who recently died in the U.K. from—get this—gaming. An autopsy revealed the young man died from a pulmonary embolism that occurs from sitting in one place too long without stretching one's legs. It's the same threat you and I face when we fly for extended periods. When we're cramped and can't move, one or more arteries can get blocked in our lungs.
My kids recently received their first Xbox, and I can guarantee you their time on it is strictly limited. I don't worry about the "gaming overdose" phenomenon occurring with my kids because they keep busy with sports, outdoor activities and ranch chores, but this is a real threat to kids and adults who get hooked on the addiction of gaming.
Just wait, sooner than later there will be warning labels on gaming systems highlighting their dangers. I can see it now: "WARNING: This product can cause both sudden and gradual death. Long periods of inactivity can lead to pulmonary embolism or obesity-related dangers. Please exercise regularly before and after use."
It should be common sense, but that seems to be as dated as my old-fashion flip phone. I'm sticking to my "dumb" phone and away from video games. I'll take my chances in the outdoor arena, where rattlesnakes and heatstroke provide real—not virtual—threats.